A lot of users may have faced Error Code 0x80004005 and got confused about how to fix it correctly. Have searched for the feasible solution but still fail to fix Error Code 0x80004005? Read this error troubleshoot guide to learn some information about error 0x80004005 and follow the detailed approaches to get your problem solved.
Get More Details About Error Code 0x80004005:
Error Code 0x80004005 may come up in association with any of your program. It can be a typical Outlook error which occurs either when sending emails or receiving them. You may face it while installing a new software, or you may even get to see this error if there is a missing DLL file. If a file that the Windows Product Activation (WPA) requires is damaged or missing, this problem occurs too. Moreover, error 0x80004005 can pop up on a Virtual Box or when you are trying to access shared folders. In fact, users will encounter 0x80004005 under different circumstances, and some of the error 0x80004005 messages may show up like:
- “Windows cannot access \\machine\sharedfolder, error code 0x80004005, unspecified error”.
- “Adding the device failed resulting in an unknown error. The reported error code is: 0x80004005.”
- “The module ‘blah.ocx’ was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005.”
- “A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for this computer. Error code: 0x80004005.”
There are several causes for the error 0x80004005, such as corrupted registry, misconfigured system files, spyware, or viruses. Error Code 0x80004005 is a critical error that should be fixed immediately to avoid further damage. Have no clue how to fix Error Code 0x80004005? Check the following methods to troubleshoot this error.
Useful Methods To Fix Error Code 0x80004005
Solution 1: Clean Up Registry Using Automated Tool
First of all, Error Code 0x80004005 might be caused in one way or another by misconfigured/damaged registry files on your Windows OS. Windows Registry stores crucial information that is necessary to configure the system for users, applications and hardware devices. As a result, corrupted registry can cause a variety of different error messages. Actually, many system or program errors can be avoided if you perform regular maintenance on your registry. For inexperienced users they may lack adequate computer knowledge to repair registry by their own. In that case the best and quickest way is to utilize a professional registry cleaner which can be applied to diagnose problematic registry, remove invalid keys/values and fix detected issues there. To fix Error Code 0x80004005 automatically, follow the simple steps below:
- Launch the fix tool and click on the Scan button to scan the Windows Registry.
- Click on Fix button to resolve all the detected issues listed in the scan results.
- Restart your computer to take effect after the fixing process is finished.
Solution 2: Run Command Prompt with Administrative Rights
If you receive Error Code 0x80004005 when trying to register a .dll file, or running regsvr32 for an .ocx component, here are the simple steps to solve this problem. Mostly running the Regsvr32 command-line from an elevated Command Prompt helps, and you can register the problematic file in your case to work it out.
- (Right) click on Start >Search, and type “command prompt” in the search box.
- Right click on Command Prompt in the list and click on Run as administrator.
- Click on Yes (or enter the password) if you are prompted for a confirmation.
- Type “Regsvr32 jscript.dll” and hit Enter key.
- Type “Regsvr32 vbscript.dll” and hit Enter key.
Solution 3: Delete Associated Registry Key Manually
If you are facing Error Code 0x80004005 on a Virtual Machine, it is quite often because there is something wrong in your registry. You can follow the below-mentioned instructions to resolve your issue.
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “regedit” in the box and then click on OK.
- Go to the following registry path and delete the key if it exists there:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers]“C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\VirtualBox.exe”=”DISABLEUSERCALLBACKEXCEPTION”
Solution 4: Disable Your Antivirus Software/Firewall
Sometimes Error Code 0x80004005 is caused by your antivirus, for instance, the Script Blocking Feature in Norton Antivirus. If you start experiencing 0x80004005 after installing antivirus software, then try disabling your antivirus to test if it works. Besides, you can disable all the firewall for the test. Also, if you want to make sure whether it is your antivirus that leads to error 0x80004005, you can uninstall it, or replace your antivirus with another one to see if any change happens.
Solution 5: Restore System Settings to an Earlier Date
System Restore is a Windows utility that allows a user to restore their computer data to a specific former state (known as a restore point). As a way to undo system changes (including the changes of system settings, Windows registry files and installed applications), it can be used to recover from system malfunctions or other problems.
- Start your computer and log on as an administrator.
- (Right) click on Start button, type “system restore” in the search box.
- Click System Restore button in the list of results, and type the password or provide confirmation if you are prompted for an administrator confirmation.
- Click Recommended restore and then click Next. Or you can click Choose a different restore point, select the specific point you want and then click Next.
- Review the restore point, and then click Finish.
- Restarts the computer when the restoration is finished.
In this post we have shown you how to fix error code 0x80004005 using several troubleshoot methods. If all of these solutions fail to resolve your problem, leave your comment here so we can improve this guide and offer you more detailed information.