Trying to install or update Windows but keep getting the error code 0x80070570? Getting lost in how to fix 0x80070570 properly? There are numerous suggestions you can find when searching the Internet to solve this issue. In this guide we will show you the most common-used solutions to Windows error 0x80070570. Read on to get some useful information about error 0x80070057 and learn how best to fix it.
Get More Details About Error Code 0x80070570
Error Code 0x80070570 often appears when you are trying to install a Windows upgrade, or when Windows gadgets are automatically updated. The upgrade will fail and you will receive the error message telling you why it would happen. Users may get error 0x80070570 under different situations. Here are some common symptoms:
- “Error 0x80070570: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility.”
- “Windows cannot copy files required for installation. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070570.”
- “windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070570.”
Error Code 0x80070570 can be caused by many different problems, such as corrupted registry, misconfigured system files, incompatible hardware, bad RAM, software conflict, or viruses. The most likely cause is an incompatible driver or hardware defect critical for booting the intermediary environment necessary to perform upgrade actions. Other common causes for the error include having incorrect permissions to upgrade the OS, a damaged Windows installation disk preventing the proper upgrade of the computer. The error will appear if some deleted files are restored but Windows cannot read them.
Anyway, error code 0x80070570 is a critical issue that should be fixed immediately to avoid further damage. You can follow the approaches below to fix 0x80070570.
Feasible Methods To Fix Error Code 0x80070570
First of all, if it is your first time to get this error 0x80070570 while the install is in progress, just start the installation process again and re-do it without restarting. Try this like 3-4 times to test. If that couldn’t help, then proceed with the solutions below.
Solution 1: Clean Up Registry Using Automated Tool
First of all, Error Code 0x80070570 might be caused in one way or another by misconfigured system files or damaged registry files on your Windows. Windows Registry stores crucial information that is necessary to configure the system for users, applications and hardware devices, therefore corrupted registry can cause a variety of different error messages. Actually, many system errors can be avoided if you perform regular maintenance on your PC. The unwanted or corrupt entries in the registry need to be cleaned out to make sure that the computer is free from error 0x80070570.
Yet, novice users are not recommended to manually clean the registry as improper modification will cause serious troubles. The best and quickest way is to utilize a professional registry cleaner that can be applied to diagnose problematic registry, delete invalid keys/values and then repair detected issues subsequently. The repair tool provided here has been proven to troubleshoot Windows error with high efficiency. Please follow the next steps to fix Windows Error Code 0x80070570:
- Launch the repair utility, and then click Scan button to scan your registry.
- Click Fix button to repair all the detected issues listed in the scan results.
- Restart your computer to take effect after the fixing process is finished.
Solution 2: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
No matter what error occurs when installing or updating Windows, you can always utilize Windows Update Troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the error automatically.
- (Right) click on Start menu and select Search option in the list.
- Input “troubleshooting” in the search box, and click Troubleshooting in the result.
- Click Fix problems with Windows Update under the System and Security.
- Click Next in the pop-up window and follow the prompts to complete the process.
- Open Windows Update and try to install the update again.
Solution 3: Perform A Clean Boot To Avoid Conflict
If the registry has been cleaned but error code 0x80070570 still occurs, you can place your system in Clean Boot state to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing error code 0x80070570. A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update. You may also troubleshoot what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.
- Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
- Head to Start > Search, type “msconfig” in the search box and tap Enter key.
- Click the Services tab in the System Configuration dialog box, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box and then click Disable all button.
- Click the Startup tab in System Configuration and click Open Task Manager.
- Select each startup item in Task Manager, click Disable, and close Task Manager.
- Back to the System Configuration dialog box, and click OK to restart the computer.
After that, re-run Windows Update to see if error code 0x80070570 occurs or not. If the error can be fixed by this way, it is possible to be caused by third party programs installed on your system. To reset the computer to start normally, go to the System Configuration dialog box, click the Normal Startup option on the General tab, enable all your services and startup programs, and then click OK to restart the computer.
Solution 4: Uninstall Your Antivirus Software (Temporarily)
Sometimes Error Code 0x80070570 is caused by your antivirus software. If you start getting error code 0x80070570 after installing an antivirus, then try to disable it to test if that works. If you want to make sure whether it is your antivirus that result in error 0x80070570, you can uninstall it temporarily, or replace your antivirus with another one to see if any change happens. Note: If you’re connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks. We suggest you to re-able antivirus as soon as you’re done with the test.
Solution 5: Use System File Checker to Repair Damaged Files
Error Code 0x80070570 may occur when system file are corrupted. System File Checker is a Windows utility that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. You can use this built-in tool to scan your system and to repair missing/corrupted system files. To run SFC, follow these steps:
- (Right) click Start > Search, and type “cmd” in the search box.
- Right click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator.
- Click Allow if you are prompted for a confirmation in UAC dialog.
- Type in the following command and press Enter key: sfc /scannow.
- Close the Command Prompt window and try to install update again.
In this tutorial we have shown you how to fix error code 0x80070570 by using different troubleshoot methods. If any of the aforementioned solutions help fix the error you encounter, please give us a positive feedback. Thanks for your reading.