Are your trouble with installer Error 1721? Windows users may likely to receive installer Error 1721 occasionally, see the error message below:
“Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor”
Does this error message look familiar to you? This error usually happens when you are trying to uninstall something with the Add/Remove applet of Windows.
What caused Installer Error 1721?
Installer Error 1721 indicated that there is something wrong with the Windows Installer. If a program files got infected by virus or its related registry keys are corrupt, then Installer Error 1721 may happen when you try to remove this program. Another factor is that, if the installation process is missing administrator privileges, Installer Error 1721 could also be caused.
How can I fix installer Error 1721?
Solution1: running the System File Checker
- Click Start, type in “cme.exe” in the search box, hit OK
- Type in scf/purgecashe in the prompted window, press enter
- You’ll receive another prompted window, type in scf/scannow and cpress ENTER
- Type EXIT and press ENTER to close the command prompt window
- Restart your computer to let the change take effect.
Solution2: Run installer under administrator privileges.
- Click Start, type in “Cmd” in the search box, hit OK
- Right click on the Cmd or Command Prompt that appears in the search result listing.
- Click Run as Administrator in the right click menu.
- Type in command line of “msiexec /x application.msi” (replace the word “application” with the specific program name) to uninstall a program, press ENTER
Solution3: Fix your Windows registry
- Click to download registry fix tool and install it in your computer.
- Click Scan button to diagnose your computer,
- Click Fix button to repair installer Error 1721 and other found problems